Mixed Green Salad with Raspberry Dressing

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

 It's a toss up for me which I liked better about this recipe.  The unique fruity dressing that wasn't too sweet or too vinegary.  Or the spiced pecans, with just the right amount of sweet and spicy to them.   Or maybe the smokiness that the bacon gave it.  Or the tanginess of the cheese.   Or the pretty way it came together.   Whatever it was, this is our new favorite salad recipe and we all loved it.  This one will definitely be making encore appearances on our table! (Thanks to my friend Cindy for a great recipe!)

Click here for printable recipe

The ingredients: 


SALAD:
1 (5-oz.) pkg. spring mix greens
1 (5-oz.) pkg. red leaf lettuce
1 (5-oz.) pkg. baby spinach
Shaved Romano cheese
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup Craisins
1 pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled

Toss greens with Romano cheese, feta cheese, red onion, Craisins, and bacon.  Just before serving, add spicy pecans, drizzle dressing over the top, and toss. 

 DRESSING: 

DRESSING:
1/2 cup Craisins
1 cup warm water
1 Tbs. raspberry vinegar
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Soak 1/2 cup Craisins in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes and then drain off the water.  Combine Craisins with raspberry vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, and oil in blender and blend until smooth. 


 SPICY PECAN INGREDIENTS: 

SPICY PECANS: 
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cups pecan halves

Combine powdered sugar, salt, allspice, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
Rinse pecans with water and drain, but do NOT let dry.  Toss pecans in sugar mixture and toss well to coat. 

Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Makes 12 servings.  Enjoy!

9 comments:

skr April 6, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

Your salad looks lovely but I must say I am really digging the bowl it's in... where'd ya get that? ;]

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life April 6, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

This sound divine. In just a minute I'm going to print off the recipe and buy everything necessary. Thanks!

Kim April 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

You had me with the spicy pecans. I love the whole fruity, nutty, cheesy combination. I can see why it's a new favorite.

Debbie April 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

The salad looks delicious but my mouth dropped when I saw those incredible ricotta pancakes with the sauce...wow... I am making those asap!!!!

Kathleen April 6, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

This sounds wonderful. I mix my dressings up in the same high tech gadget! LOL

Chef Aimee April 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Oh this looks delicious - what a super delicious dressing recipe!!!

Julie April 7, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

Wow, sounds delicious! I love pecans in my salad.

Coleens Recipes April 7, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

Now that is one seriously delicious looking/sounding salad!!

Kristen April 7, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

very yummy! I need to make more salads, and better than I do - this would work well

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP